pair of honey gouramis?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
The males can sometimes be extremely aggressive if they decide to breed. But I 've never had the Gold Honey Gouramis breed be be aggressive at all.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
well greg i have went out and bought a honey gourami that will be going in the main tank this saturday.now all i have to do is find out how to sex them.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Is there a fish that doesn't get nasty during the breeding process?

The only honey gourami I've ever owned was a really tiny dwarf female honey. That was a miserable little bugger. After a year or two I gave her away.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Why do you even ask for advice when we all know you are going to just go what you want too do anyway?
no i am on several forums and this one was not getting answers and one on my other forum was getting good answers fast.so i worked it out on that forum.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
and just so you know i am not gonna go through this again with him not wanting to eat.so i did work it out on my other forum and im not getting another.

Evanleigh

Poprocks!
Mar 9, 2014
St. George, Utah
Real Name
Evanleigh
Camera Used
iphone 6s
This might be after the fact, but I have 2 female and 1 male honey gourami and they are all awesome. The two females will chase each other once in a while. The male just hangs out looking beautiful. :) I've had them about 6 months with no apparent breeding angst. It probably means they aren't breeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store