Fluval 88 CO2 Kit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

scott007

Registered Member
Oct 11, 2005
First off, let me thank everyone who participates on this forum. I have been reading posts for years and find all of you very informative.

Now, I am just moving into CO2. Yes I have been into aquariums for decades but always stayed away from lots of plants etc. I started months ago with a DIY fermentation system. Reminded me of the days I use to make beer. Well, my beer was never that good either. So then I moved to a small cartridge system from fluval that was too small for my 65 gal tanks. I recently downgraded to a 40 gal feeder. My theory was the shallower the tank the less light I would need. Running 78 watts for light now, thinking about increasing to 120. At the same time I purchased the fluval 88. Over the past two weeks may plants have flourished, but I am going through a large cylinder every 5 days (thankfully Petland had them miss priced a couple of weeks ago). I begged the sales clerk to look up the right price and she said don't worry about it. So I bought three packs :)

My bubble counter is showing about a bubble a second, CO2 indicator is blue / green so levels are good. Fish seem happy. Should I be going through so much CO2? Have canister filter that barely agitates the surface and turned off my air pump a week ago.

I am going to move to a 5lb tank, do you think I can use the same simple regulator that comes with the 88?

Thanks
Scott

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store