food for siamese algae eater?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i currently bought a siamese algae eater from bobstropicalplants.com the only bad thing is that he is half an inch long.can i feed him cory pellets?i have wardely brand shrimp pellets.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
They'll eat pretty much anything from flake food to freeze dried goods. The 3 SAEs I have in my 55g all started out as tiny buggers like yours. They're easily 4-5" long now. They are total food hogs that try to gobble up everything they can at tank feeding time. I'd try to avoid wardley brand in the future. They tend to be a bit on the poor ingredient side.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
dang it i have to find some new food for my cories then.but i was reading a old post on one of my other forums(3 in total)and i read about an algae farm.could that be good for him?rocks covered in algae that is.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i did do research on the care but i have a bunch of algae so i thought he would eat that.but now i know that he will eat all the algae by next week or next month so i know that i have to find another food for him to eat.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
so i can feed them my algae wafers.wardely brand shrimp pellets,and some blanched vegetables?

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
nah i prefer stuff thats made for bottom feeders to feed to my bottom feeders.i am thinking of getting a little shallow bowl to feed my bottom feeders in what do you think?i dont want the pellets to fall apart and fall in between the gravel anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store