Arowana tank mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
I have a silver arowana around 2.6 feet and I was thinking of getting some tank mates for it. He in a 200gal tank and he's always swimming on the surface. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Well depends on your taste really but you could have a school of silver dollars, Tin foil barbs, most mild mannered sa cichlids would probably do well to (severums, oscar), any sort of large fancy pleco.

Flag fish if you can get a large one would do well. Jack Dempsey, dats, large polys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Last edited:

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
Would the peacock bass, clown knifes, redtails, and freshwater wolf fishes be compatible with the arowana?
[h=1][/h]

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
You would need a bigger tank to keep the other fish you are suggesting. Cichlids that are on the less aggressive side, and don't grow enormous will work. Earth eaters work well with aros. Plecos, silver dollars, smaller knives like BGK, bichirs, large barbs...

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I would probably leave him by himself....but if you wanted to do something like big barbs it could be done.

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
I once tried a tiger oscar and a clown knife when he was smaller(the 3 fishes were around the same size), and the tiger oscar kept on attacking the other 2, and once I saw an arowana scale on the bottom of the tank because of the oscar. But it worked out pretty well with the clown knife.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
ok well since he is bigger than any oscar could ever grow(at least i hope)that wont be a problem if you get one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store