Cats and fishes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
I'm getting a kitten real soon. I have a silver arowana about 2.6feet and 6 angelfishes and a pair of discus, I was curious if the kitten could create any problems for my fishes?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
if anything,the arowana will eat the kitten if he can.I WOULD PUT A CINDER BLOCK ON THE HOOD FOR THE FISH(SO HE CANT GET OUT) AND FOR THE KITTEN SO HE WONT FALL IN AND HE CANT GET EATEN.
sorry i didn't realize the caps lock was on.

ChocolateSyrup

AC Members
Sep 14, 2014
Toronto
Real Name
Dovile Wang
What? I have a tank for the angels and a tank for the arowana, if anything the angelfishes will probably be in the arowana's stomach rite now if they were in the same tank.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Just making sure..........your cat will be fine. My full grown cat fell in my 80g community with the lid off, he only got wet. Didn't fall in, didn't get eaten, and no one died.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I have three cats and they watch the fish sometimes but that is the extent of their interest - so no worries (at least at my house). Kittens can be very rambunctious so you will need to watch him but there really shouldn't be an issue

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
If your tanks do not have secure lids, I would consider adding them to avoid the chance the kitten will take a swim.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
if anything,the arowana will eat the kitten if he can.I WOULD PUT A CINDER BLOCK ON THE HOOD FOR THE FISH(SO HE CANT GET OUT) AND FOR THE KITTEN SO HE WONT FALL IN AND HE CANT GET EATEN.
sorry i didn't realize the caps lock was on.
I am still chuckling over this one lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store