Very stressed Betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

seachells

AC Members
Aug 18, 2014
NC
My betta wedged himself in between his heater and the side of the tank; face down to the gravel. When I got him out he was swimming funny and kept going toward the bottom of the tank. I held him toward the top so he could get oxygen and he was breathing hard. He finally started swimming on his own and staying near the top instead of the bottom. It has been about half an hour and he isn't breathing as hard but is still sticking to the top of the tank and not swimming much at all. What I really want to know is if there is anything I can do to help ease his stress? I am so afraid he won't make it through the night.

ffmurray

AC Members
Oct 6, 2014
Ithaca NY
What is your set up, tank size filter etc? Do you have a test kit to check water parameters? I'd start with a water change and keep changing it daily for a little bit.

seachells

AC Members
Aug 18, 2014
NC
Good news! My betta is doing fine. I thought he was a goner and I cried...but he made it through the night and he is as good as always. Such a tough cookie!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store