Umbra Limi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

judymayes

Registered Member
Sep 24, 2013
I am getting some umbra limi and would like to know what type of plants to put in their tank that would make Them happy and they would use for spawning, I read on the internet they spawn on on or around plants so I just wanted to give them what they would like and if I have posted in the wrong section I'm sorryJudy

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
It would help to know what sized tank and type/wattage of lighting you plan for this tank. Offhand, I'd try a variety of easily-grown low/med light plants; anubias, java fern, java moss, cryptocoryne, etc. These can get along without fertilization for the most part and each species presents a different aspect for the fish to choose a spawning site.

Mark

judymayes

Registered Member
Sep 24, 2013
I am starting out in a ten gal for three small fish and I will take your advice on the plants you named thanks judy

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Mudminnows are fairly hardy and easy fish, so something like java moss would do the trick. If they do spawn in plants, a large clump of java moss is a low work plant that should provide plenty of space for them to spawn in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store