45 gal - stock my tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenricae

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC Canada
Hi, I have a 45gal tank (3ft wide x 2ft high x 1ft) that is established with plants and some snails. I've had someone adopt the goldfish I used to have and wanted to do a new community tank. Was wondering what sort of tank could be put together with some nice large Gouramis?

Here are some fish I like in general:
- blue rams
- cories
- loaches
- tetras
- mollies, etc

The water is around PH 6

Any suggestion welcome!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Pearl Gouramis are peaceful and are a personal fav of mine.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
it is possible to have both.i did at one time in my 29 gallon tank.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
A nice pair of Peal Gouramis and 1 Angle should be fine. You can get away with 2 Angles if your maintenance is done appropriately. If you're concerned go with a pair of rams instead. If you leave out the cichlids, some nice schooling fish like Harlequins, Head and Taillight, Black Neons, Penguins or other non-flat bodied Tetras-like Skirts or Serpeas- will work. The number depends on the type of tetras. A small group-6-8 small type corys would work fine. If the cichlids are not included 4-6 Kohli Laoches, corys, tetras and the gourami would look great.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've had a single female pearl gourami and a koi angel together in my 55g for nearly 2yrs. No issues at all. Pearls are awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store