Brighter Satellite Freshwater PLUS in the works?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bradleyheathhay

AC Members
Oct 19, 2011
Just read a review of the Satellite Freshwater LED PLUS dated June of last year where the reviewer mentioned he had heard a higher intensity version was in the works. Has that higher intensity version come out since then or has it not hit the store shelves yet?

I'm about to buy a couple of these, but if a brighter version is coming out soon I'll hold out till it hits.

fwiffo

AC Members
Dec 5, 2007
I would too. I am using a HO fluorescent strip light and it is quite bright. LEDs are very light power users so I would choose them if I had pick now.

noside

Registered Member
Mar 21, 2014
Just read a review of the Satellite Freshwater LED PLUS dated June of last year where the reviewer mentioned he had heard a higher intensity version was in the works. Has that higher intensity version come out since then or has it not hit the store shelves yet?

I'm about to buy a couple of these, but if a brighter version is coming out soon I'll hold out till it hits.
There's been no change, I have 8 current usa freshwater led+ fixtures I don't think there is anything wrong with them.

If you are looking for a better brighter slightly more expensive option the Ecoxotic E90 LED's are great. They are brighter,better blending on the RGB so no banding is present, and they incorporate a built in 3 channel 24 hour timer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store