My kids' goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
My kids are becoming more interested in fishkeeping (the are 3, 4 and6 years old). My mom and dad live only 30 minutes from home and 5 minutes from where I work. They are both retired so my kids get to spend at least a few days a month there, more if they are on school break. So my mom got a bowl for a goldfish. Despite my urgings about how wrong that is, she is stubborn, and just tells me "well you had a goldfish bowl when you were that age." That's not the point of the post though. She got this feeder goldfish for $0.25 at walmart. Has had it in a bowl for 2 months. I had never seen it, but my brother (also a fishkeeper) sent me this picture yesterday. Has to be one of the coolest looking feeder goldfish I have ever seen, check it out....

goldfish.jpg

goldfish.jpg

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Looks like one o' those rare Lake Malawi goldfish.

Mark

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
:nilly:

Notice by the pic he is a proper tank now. 10g QT tank. Although my brothers only FW tank right now is a 40ish gallon bowfront with a mix of tangs and south americans. My brother is not what we would call a "good" fishkeeper, but I know he will take better care of it than a bowl.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Sell that rare goldie on E-bay....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store