improving plant conditions - Java Fern & Java Moss

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenricae

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC Canada
I have a few tanks with driftwood and Java Moss and Java Fern. My plants do okay. In general they grow and seem to move in the positive direction but i feel like they aren't as green and bright as they could be, and there's the occasional dead leaf. I basically let the fish poop do its thing and use standard florescent bulbs for lighting as they are low light plants (run the light for a couple of hours in morning and then the whole evening). Tank algae isn't a really a problem, although over a long time there is minor buildup. I also have a few snails in the tank.

I was wondering if there was something simple that I could do to improve things. I have bottles of Flourish and Excel but don't really use them. My main tank is a 45gal.

kennethvargas

AC Members
Oct 15, 2014
Hello men, how often you do water change?
About the dose, I don't think you need it, what about the filtration? try doing 20% water change weekly and adding some Fluorish excel, read about plants deficiencies symptoms and make some parameters test to your water.

Regards!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Your water may be lacking potassium, you can try dosing API Leaf Zone.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store