Need some help arranging some tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cideon

Registered Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hey all! So I just moved from an apartment to a house, and I'm hoping to get a lot of tanks. But I need some advice considering I already own a few empty ones, and want to see if I can rearrange my stock in a better way. Sorry the first doesn't really qualify as a cichlid tank, but I was hoping in passing someone could give me some advice on it.

So I have an empty 90 gallon I plan to add some/most (but not all) of these fish to:
2 German Blue Rams
Paradise fish
2 (or one?) Opaline Gourami
2-3 mollies
2-3 platies
15 Harlequin rasbora
5 Bosemani Rainbow
5 Yoyo loach
1 angelfish
? guppies
? neon tetras
I saw a somewhat similar mix in another forum and I was inspired. Any do's/do nots that you all notice are majorly important?

I have a 65 gallon at my mom's house which has a Peruvian Severum and a Jack Dempsey that was a grow out tank that remained more permanent because I didn't get a home until later than planned. I need to divide them and am wondering, if I keep only the Severum in here, is that enough room to add anything else like dithers? Can I keep the JD (female) in a 40 breeder, or does she need more space? I'd like the idea of combining her with dithers/tankmates, but from what I've heard of JDs, it may be difficult if I have no spare tanks for any combos that don't work out.

Then I have another empty 40 and empty 55 I'd like to use in the future, but not sure what. Mentioning them in case anything comes to mind from y'all based on my big list above and the two fish just mentioned.

Then I'd like another tank for an Oscar, but not sure to get a 75 for one alone, or a 90 and add some tankmates. But... what is at least a 90% sure thing when it comes to tankmates for an Oscar? I've heard single convicts are pretty OK, but I plan to buy a 4-5 inch Oscar that may eat a tiny LFS sized convict. Should I just leave the O alone to prevent any problems?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store