Future Tank Stocking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Avocet

AC Members
Jul 30, 2014
So, I would like to get my tank stocking sorted for the future when all of my other fish are gone. I know it sounds a bit weird but I'd like to have it sorted out so I don't have to worry about it at the time. My tank is a Fluval Roma 90. It's 90 litres (about 24 gallons i think) with dimensions 60 x 35 x 45 cm. So far I have a few possible stockings:

6 Cardinal Tetra
6 Lemon Tetra/ Black Skirt Tetra
2 German Blue Rams/ Electric Blue Rams (1 Male, 1 Female)
1 Pearl Gourami/ Dwarf Gourami/ Apistogramma Cacatuoides
6 Dwarf Chain Loach/ Panda Cory

Personally, I think the Pearl Gourami might get too big but some people have said it's ok and I do like them. Equally, I'm not sure about the Apistogramma because it shares the bottom of the tank with the German Blue Rams. Anyway, what do you guys think?
Oh, I was also thinking of maybe adding some otocinclus but I'm worried that would be pushing it.

Last edited:

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
Seems like your tank might be a little overstocked as it is. 2 german rams along with a gourami/apisto in a 24g tank is probably going to be too much. If you remove the rams, you'd be at your max stock IMO.

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
I think that you would be better off selecting one type of tetra and getting 10 of them.
also the tank would be to small for Rams IMO, its hard to keep the water quality where its needed for rams in a small tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store