Guppies In Saltwater

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cushadow

Registered Member
Nov 11, 2013
Well I heard a rumor on the forums that guppies could be acclimated to saltwater, and so I thought I would give it a try because I have a lot of guppies and more every day. So I placed 7 guppies in a tank with their normal freshwater, and slowly drip some of the saltwater into the tank. I let them live in the "brackish" water for about a week. After they seemed healthy and normal I started to drip acclimate them into full saltwater and placed them into my saltwater aquarium. I am very happy to say that they are alive and doing very well in the saltwater aquarium they have now be in there for 9 days.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Yeah guppies can do salt as long as they're slowly acclimated over a few days, mollies you can pretty much just drop straight in. Some things to keep in mind is they can get a bit beat up by the current if you have a high flow tank, mollies will always find the low flow areas to hangout when not seeking food. Since its the FOWLR section guess this isnt a worry but they have no reef smarts, I've watched them swim right into an anemone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store