Repashy Super Foods

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I like it and use it, my Tanganyika and Rainbowfish, snails, shrimp and plecos go nuts for the stuff. Some people complain about the odor when making the product but I found that it can be reduced by boiling the water first and then adding the powder and whisking it until mixed. I use the mini cupcake pans as a mold and then cut them up to the appropriate size for the animals I am feeding.

Erik333

AC Members
Feb 25, 2012
Philadelphia
Thank you DUDLEY. When you make a batch, how do you store it and how long does it stay good for? I saw one video where the guy cut into cubes and then froze them which makes sense. Do you know how long the fresh batch would last in a refrigerator?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I use the Repashy Soilent Green for my hillstream loaches & gobies. I put it in small containers, what I'll use in a week or so, & freeze the rest.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
Thank you DUDLEY. When you make a batch, how do you store it and how long does it stay good for? I saw one video where the guy cut into cubes and then froze them which makes sense. Do you know how long the fresh batch would last in a refrigerator?
2 weeks in the refrigerator 6 months in the freezer. I have a bunch of videos on YouTube showing feeding I'll post when I am at the computer

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
I usually use 1/4 cup of powder with 3/4 cup of water so this lasts me less than 2 weeks. I keep the unused portions in a covered food storage container in the refrigerator with the date I made it since sometimes stuff gets lost in the refrigerator.

However, you can make up however much you want at one time by following the directions, 1 part powder to 3 parts water. You can also add more or less water to make the final product softer or firmer depending on how you want to feed it. It's a very versatile food.

BallAquatics

Fish Breeder
Oct 9, 2010
Central Ohio, USA
www.ballaquatics.com
Real Name
Dennis Ball
I've raised tons of different Danio fry using the Repashy foods. I make up a weeks worth of the gel food at a time and then store in the fridge until needed. Highly recommended.

Danio meghalayensis fry at 30 days old eating Repashy 'Solient Green'

I was even able to get some PetsMart $1 Otocinclus to spawn feeding Repashy gel foods.....

[video=youtube;fGpl3gXC1HU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGpl3gXC1HU[/video]

Dennis

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I feed Spawn N Gro, Morning Wood, and Redrum on occasion. I mix up a half cup of food along with some Green lipped mussel powder and some astaxanthin as well. I put it all in a cool whip container and use a spoon to scoop out a bit to feed the fish.

It's great for bottom dwellers and aggressively feeding cichlids. I did find some fish would not touch it though. Tetras didn't really seem to like it unless I broke it up into little bits.

Andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store