What to do with empty 10 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
As the title says, I have am empty 10 gallon aquarium with good lighting, filter, and heater. Trying to figure out what to do with it. I think it might be cool to try breeding something. Or maybe a unique sort of feature tank.

I know a lot of it will be a matter of taste, but are do you have any ideas? What would you do with it?

Aaron D

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Virginia
Truthfully, depending on the lighting setup, I'd do a planted tank. I just redid my 10g with some black sand(plays up heck on my filter if the sand starts to float) and some plants.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've got anubia, tons of java fern and floating wisteria in my 10g. It's loaded with red cherry shrimp and 8 celestial pearl danios. Well.. atleast I bought 8 months ago.. No way to count them since they are such elusive little buggers. Oh... there's one lone silver hatchet fish in there too.

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
I also have Wisteria floating and also rooted in my spare 10 gallon, along with some extra driftwood I had lying around. Other than that I have an unknown number of Least Killifish. No heater or filter needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store