New Green Terror Cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kuzin72

Registered Member
Nov 10, 2014
Years ago I raised and breed African Cichlids and now I am wanting to start with a new species. I just purchased a GT and currently have a small tank, I think a 25 gallon, with a Jewel Cichlid. I put the Gt in the same tank and know I need to move the Gt. Can I house the 2 in 75 gallon tank? The Jewel is very aggressive. Also what can I house with the GT once I move to the 75 gallon? The GT is not eating flake food. Should I jump to blood worms. The GT is about 2".

kuzin72

Registered Member
Nov 10, 2014
NEW GT ATTACK

20141116_172751[1].jpgYesterday I purchased a more mature green terror, about 5 inches. I put him in my 75 gallon tank which house 1 African jewel, 2 juvenile red devils, 1 juvenile female green terror, a juvenile tilapia, and a plekco. After I placed him in the tank the juvenile green terror was constantly attacking him right along with the tilapia cichlid. This new addition is the bigger of them all. I am wondering why he is not defending himself. Also with all the breeds in the one tank, it is quite peaceful...for right now. To keep him alive I moved him over to my more "PASSIVE" and he is doing fine there. Why did the juvenile attack him.

20141116_172751[1].jpg

roliva

Dovii/Umbee Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
Lehigh Valley, PA
the other green terror was already established and trying to defend his territory. two green terrors in a 75 gallon may be okay. I raised one till about 10" TL and he almost looked perfect by himself all alone in a 75 gallon. Check out the vid below of him shot back in 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_JEQXyMnOw

kuzin72

Registered Member
Nov 10, 2014
That is a gorgeous fish. I am not going to introduce him back in the tank until I add more caves and hiding places. I am also skeptical because of the 2 red devils.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
If a true red devil...that tank may be only big enough for one eventually and nothing else....

kuzin72

Registered Member
Nov 10, 2014
I kinda of figured that. Hopefully I will be able to keep the twins....the 2 Red Devils in the 75 gallon, or 1 Red Devil and 1 Green Terror together, once they mature. I have Green Terror alone in a 25 gallon and I know he will be out growing that. Survival of the fittest in the 75 gallon right now. I notice the 2 Red Devils have paired up and stick together. Every other fish in the tank is rogue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store