Various questions - Cichlid tank + a few other fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mallorii

Registered Member
Nov 18, 2014
I have a tank of African cichlids with one polypterus and one corydoras catfish (the cory was left over from a previous community tank, but has been doing fine with the cichlids currently). The cichlids are all small except for one yellow lab and two

I want to get some more cory cats so the cory won't be lonely, but I'm still uncertain if adding more corys to the tank would be good. The cichlids aren't bothering the single cory, but I'm worried that if I add more they will bother them.

Also, aquarium salt- I've read mixed reviews about it. So any opinions on if I should use it or not?

My future plans for the tank is to get a larger tank for the cichlids is to move the cichlids to a larger tank and turn the 29 gallon that they're in now into a community tank.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
My first thought is do not get any more fish for your tank right now. How many fish are in this 29 gallon tank? Aquarium salt in my mind is good for the treatment of ich (along with heat) and that is it. What are you or thinking about using salt for?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store