I'm building a fish tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Derek615

AC Members
Oct 14, 2014
My father works in construction so he gets a lot of glass from replacing windows and such. So I've decided that I'm going to build a fish tank from scratch. The tank, the stand, canopy, everything. Ideally filtration I already have lighting taken care of. The tank is 8"x8"x8" I wanted a nano tank just to put in my room because my larger tanks have to be stored in the basement (so much weight). I'll post pictures soon. What kind of filtration could I use?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
nice, looking forward to pics. I always enjoy people building things from scratch.

What are you going to stock it with?

Derek615

AC Members
Oct 14, 2014
Not sure what I want to stock with yet I'll post pictures from iPad tonight can't do it from my phone

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I would probably just do some plants and shrimp...I wouldn't keep fish in a tank that size.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
It's 8 inches not feet, haha it's only 2.2ish gallons. Anybody have ideas for stocking?
cherry shrimp?their pretty small but they will breed quickly so you might be able to feed your fish in the bigger tanks live foods in once a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store