Sad Day

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Hey folks, long time, no see.
I had to put down my Koi angel today. She was the last of 3 I bought 8 years ago. When I brought them home I noticed one had lost it's gill plate and I didn't think she would live like that but she did.
She has been the queen of the tank and loved to tease my Dachshund by swimming close to the glass.
She came down with dropsy and I couldn't bear to see her condition so rapidly decline so last night I put her down.
Now my tank has but 1 SAE and a slew of snails and plants.
It's been a nice run with this tank and this community. I can't thank the people enough present and past who have helped me over the years.

You are the best.

Q

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Hey Que, sorry to hear that. Glad to see you're still around though!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Sorry to read the bad news. Hard to part with a pet you've had for so long; harder to have to put them down yourself. Glad to see you back.

Mark

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Awe.. that's too bad. It's tough, especially when you've had a particular pet a long time.

There's a fella on an Oscar board I hang out at that has had a kissing gourami for something like 24yrs. It's so ugly, you can't help but love it.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Rough time for sure. Nice to see you drop back in despite the reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store