Gee planted 10 gallon tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gee

marineaholic
Dec 21, 2003
Blainville, Quebec
Hello Guys, i am making a comeback to the hobby after a 8 year break !

Now that the kids are getting older, they are interested more, we have a Fluval Edge in the living room because this is the only thing my wife would let me have in sight... lol

My 2 saltwater tanks have been close for 5-6 years now and i know i dont have the time i use to have back then before the kids, so i wanna do a simple low cost 10 gallon planted tank.

The tank is a standard 20 x 10 size and i already have the bottom done with Fluval stratum, i have a small filter canister and a heater.

This aquarium was missing the hood so i have this cheap led fixture in the mail Aquarium LED Light Beamswork LED-300 18-24 Inch

i know i wont be growing too much with it but i want to see what i can do 1st.

here is a picture of the current day1 look.

20141123_143348.jpg

now i am looking for suggestions on the kind of easy to care plant i can have, i would like to have something that covers the bottom and add some to the wood piece also.

Please help me decide on easy to care and cheap if possible plants to start with the kids.

Thanks for you help !

20141123_143348.jpg

Gee

marineaholic
Dec 21, 2003
Blainville, Quebec
So after reading, i decided to start with low lights, and suppose to be easy to care.

Let me know what you think.

i got them from http://www.theplantguy.org/ since i am in Canada.

i got 1 of each :

Anubias congensis
Java Moss (Taxiphyllum barbieri)
Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis mauritiana)
Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis brasiliensis)

we will see how it works out.

Gee

marineaholic
Dec 21, 2003
Blainville, Quebec
Need your help and advice guys,

i got my order from The Plant Guy today, just did another test and water is good to go.

how would i go about planting these ? should i separate them in really small batch ?

thanks for helping me !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store