Have you ever rolled a tank in a vehicle?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
I have, thanks to an idiot in a large pickup. I was transporting my two 5g tanks (3 Neons in one, RCS in the other - each w/ about 2.5g of water in them) home from work for the holidays when, just a few blocks from work, a full sized Dodge Ram pulled slowly out in front of me from a side street. I honked and slowed continuously as I came down the hill toward it and it decided to stop once it saw/heard me coming.
Of course, it was fully blocking my lane when it stopped and I had to either complete my stop or hit it. I stopped but both tanks slid forward in my van. The Neon tank caught something and literally stood on end, dumping its contents onto the floor of my van while I swore a blue streak at the sickening sound.

The truck then completed his turn and I pulled over, righted the tank, dumped some shrimp tank water into it in case a fish was trapped in the remaining sand and went home, fuming all the way. On vacuuming the water, sand, gravel and muck out of the van, I found 2 of the 3 fishy corpses. Hopefully the 3rd will turn up.

The tank was not broken, but that truck driver should be hoping that we do not cross paths again.
:swear::wall:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I've never had that happen before...I've taken a chance like that a few times, transporting fish in tanks with a little water, but usually I try to bag them for just that reason.

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
I bought cheap painters buckets with lids just for that scenario

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Good ideas, all - some of which I've used in the past. For fish, I will probably catch and put them in coolers next time. RCS though - nearly impossible to catch them all w/o injuring at least a couple.
Oh well. At least some of my work friends have been sending me pictures of wrecked dodge trucks to console me.

I have some twisted friends.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store