Surprise!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
It's always cool to see a big plaque of eggs in a dealers tank! Really surprising to see it at the local PetSmart in the Blue Ram tank! There were about a dozen Rams and a dozen angels in the tank. You couldn't tell which two were the parents as there was a constant tussle of Rams right above the egg plaque. It seemed like the whole lot of Rams were fighting over the right to guard them.

Just my cool observation of the evening

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Was probably angel eggs. Very weird indeed, however stress can cause them to lay.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
happens in my community discus tank as well.. they wind up eating the eggs to avoid the fighting

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Crazy. I would have thought they were angelfish eggs, but there ya have it!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I'm not sure why you guys think they would be angel eggs? They were near the substrate, on the horizontal surface of a fake log, they were brown in color and the Rams were guarding them

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Maybe they were plastic PetSmart eggs. Made by National Geographic.

I'm kidding.

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
I'm not sure why you guys think they would be angel eggs? They were near the substrate, on the horizontal surface of a fake log, they were brown in color and the Rams were guarding them
It's more logical for them to be angel eggs. Angels lay their eggs in the fashion you have described. Not saying they cannot be ram eggs. The rams could have been guarding them out of instinct, because they viewed them as food, or simply because they're nuts, lol. Eitherway, it's still cool that eggs were laid in the store tank.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
It's more logical for them to be angel eggs. Angels lay their eggs in the fashion you have described. Not saying they cannot be ram eggs. The rams could have been guarding them out of instinct, because they viewed them as food, or simply because they're nuts, lol. Eitherway, it's still cool that eggs were laid in the store tank.
Not being defensive about this is anyway but I disagree. Angel eggs are an opaque white in color (not brown), they are normally laid on a vertical surface (not horizontally on the substrate), the angels were showing no interest whatsoever in them and the rams were obviously guarding them, not trying to eat them.

So there!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store