Blue Beta getting grey fins

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Evanleigh

Poprocks!
Mar 9, 2014
St. George, Utah
Real Name
Evanleigh
Camera Used
iphone 6s
Help, my blue beta has suddenly got greying crumpled fins and small white spots. He hides under decorations and isn't eating. He's in a 10 gall with no ammonia, or nitrite and .5 nitrate. Water is 78%. My neon tetras seem fine. What can I do to save him?

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
A photo would really help here, but I'll do the best I can to advise you. Sounds like fin rot or it could be scorching from the water chemistry I know you said the water is fine so it looks like fin rot it is. The white spots are a secondary parasitic or bacterial infection. I would relocate the betta to a strip tank, water, heater, air and fish-No carbon. I'd first take a gallon of tank water and add a tbs or aquarium or preferably safe rock salt and dissolve it. Place the betta in that mix for 20-30 min. If he looks distressed after 10 min. then move him as this indicates he is sicker than you think. If he is fine an extra 10-20min. is fine. Then move the betta to the strip tank / container and add a 1/2 dose Methylene blue and a 1/2 dose of Merichite green. The next day change half the water and repeat the second step of the process-medications-for 5 days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store