My Madagascar Rainbow 40B

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
Hello all!... It's been a while since I posted, but thought I would share some pics of my tank and ask for some ideas. The tank is a 40g breeder with sand, live plants, and an AC110 HOB filter. The stock includes 11 Madagascar rainbowfish, 3 giant danios, a BN pleco, and a few snails.

mad01.JPG mad02.JPG mad03.JPG

I'm thinking about making some changes and am considering the following options. Please respond if you have any comments or suggestions!

1. Add more plants (I've had limited success with this...)
2. Upgrade to a larger tank.
3. Add more bows
4. Add some bottom fish, like cories
5. Add a "centerpiece" fish

Thanks!
Joel

mad01.JPG mad02.JPG mad03.JPG

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Add more plants - some crypts, swords, sag and val should work. It doesn't look like you have a lot of light - what specifically is your lighting? A school of cories would love that sandy substrate. Maybe a redtailed black shark would be a nice centerpeice

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
Thanks for the reply! I just have a basic 20W fluorescent light right now. My anubias are doing fine -- I'll take a look at the plants you're suggesting and see if some of those will work. One of the problems I have is that I don't have a deep bed, so it's been tough to get plants rooted into the sand properly. The anubias are attached to my driftwood pieces, so they do fine.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
IF you could upgraded your lighting, and a little more sand to your bed, you'd be much better able to grow more plants

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
More plants and high lighting. Use floaters to obscure the lighting so the fish aren't blinded by the light! Or revved up light a deuce......I'm done

:cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store