Can I feed organic spinach to my plecos?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Not from personal experience, so I don't know. Will it not eat zucc/cucumber? I do beef heart for my giant hi fin with cucumber sometimes. Otherwise he eats carni pellets and algae wafers my roselines and corys dont want.

ffmurray

AC Members
Oct 6, 2014
Ithaca NY
i put organic kale on a veggie clip on the side of the tank, my pleco wont eat it until the second or third day that its in there, but then the whole thing gets eaten

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I fed my ABNs spinach, romaine lettuce, kale, collards and mustard greens. They munched all of them.

Mark

ffmurray

AC Members
Oct 6, 2014
Ithaca NY
I do beef heart for my giant hi fin with cucumber sometimes
I know that some plecos need a meatier diet, do you just put beefheart in the aquarium? cooked or raw? whats the best possible diet for a common pleco?

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
My "generic " Ancistrus/Bristlenose Plecos will eat zucchini, cucumber and yellow squash. I bet they would like spinach too. Let us know how they like it. Might have to tie it up and weight it down

Derek615

AC Members
Oct 14, 2014
I've been feeding spinach to him for about 2 weeks now as soon as it hits the tank water he's all over it. 4-5 leaves gone the next day

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store