Introduction and question!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishguy122

AC Members
Nov 30, 2014
Hello everyone! I'm new here and would just like to say a bit about myself. I have a 60 litre tank which is pretty heavily planted and cycled with 4 crazy guppies in it. Im a 'noob' in a way but have learnt a lot in the last few months about fish keeping.

Now heres the question: can 1 pearl gourami go in my tank? They look soooo cool and it would be disappointing to find out i cant get one.

Thank you for helping and i look forward to my time on the forum and meeting you guys :)

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I'd stay away from the pearl gourami if you are interested in gouramis maybe you should look into licorice and sparkling gouramis. They would fit well inside the tank. Can we have a pic of the plants?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fishguy122

AC Members
Nov 30, 2014
Hi ktrom, can i ask why a pearl cant go in my tank? From a guess id say it grows quite large. Also aqadvisor says i can put one in my tank, so can someone say why.

here is my tank:
image.jpg
The left side is more planted than the right side because the roght side had lots of rotting plants which i removed. There was a vallus but that was rotting so i remmoved the keaves and let it start again. There is also a baby vallis that is too small to see in the picture

image.jpg

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Hi and welcome to AC!

60 liters is around 16 gallons. A full-grown male pearl can top 5". Your tank is a little small for a fish that big. I wouldn't put a pearl in anything smaller than a 30 gallon. Two in a 40B or larger.

Mark

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
They grow too large for the tank. If you had say a 30+ gallon tank I would say go for it. Unfortunately aquadvisor is a general helping tool with stocking a tank and sometimes it's just wrong.

There are plenty of other fish that would fit well in there without an issue.

As stated before sparkling and licorice gouramis would do well. But a beta, a German blue ram, Bolivian ram, a killifish ( so many different ones to choose from), or maybe a dwarf pea puffer.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fishguy122

AC Members
Nov 30, 2014
Is there any killis you could reccomend fir a beginner? If i cant get killis ill get a honey or dwarf gourami

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Is there any killis you could reccomend fir a beginner? If i cant get killis ill get a honey or dwarf gourami
For that size tank, I'd recommend a group of clown killies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store