Mikula Group Nyatzi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo2

AC Members
Nov 29, 2014
Hello everyone,

It has been a long time but here is an update from me (aka: Razzo) :)

Back in April, I started up a 2nd wild caught Cyphotilapia gibberosa Mikula tank (a 125 gallon tank) for the former/deposed Alpha from my 240 gallon WC Mikula tank (Nyatzi). Back in April, I picked an additional three trios + one more female from a contest win and sorted them between my two frontosa tanks. Here's a few recent pics from Mikula Group Nyatzi. Hope you like :)

Click on the images to see higher res (if you want).

One of the females

Another one of the females (I call her "Spot" for her lake spots)

Lastly, here are a few pics of Nyatzi

Russ

Razzo2

AC Members
Nov 29, 2014
Very beautiful fronts! What are the plans for them?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Plans are:
1) Enjoy them and continue to photograph them.

History: those pics are from Mikula Group Nyatzi (125). I used proceeds from Mikula Group Tau (240) fry sales to invest/purchase the new wild fish and all the equipment for this 125. Demand for my Mikula fry is much greater than my supply; so, I am attempting to increase supply. Both of my alphas (Tau & Nyatzi) are very special. They were hand picked/cherry picked by my friend and long time importer from hundreds of pieces for his own personal all-star group.

Nyatzi took some battle wounds when Tau dethroned him as alpha in the 240 a year or so ago. Battle wounds not withstanding, Nyatzi is in a pretty rare class. I needed to pull him from the 240 and I really wanted to keep him producing fry bc he is still a young boy and an incredible specimen.

BTW: My friend had to retire for health reasons and he tipped me off that he needed to move his private collection. I jumped immediately at the opportunity.

So, more supply would be great; however, I treat fry as a bonus and try to enjoy my fish (fry or no fry). It's a hobby first (actually two hobbies if you include photography) and I try to keep it that way.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Cheers,
Russ

Razzo2

AC Members
Nov 29, 2014
I've started using a different image hosting site recently for quality reasons. I only have newer images on the desired site and have not pulled my favorites of Tau over yet.

Here's a pic that I just pulled over to the new site (I'll start another thread on Tau's group once I pull some fav images over):

This is Tau, alpha in Mikula Group Tau (pic is from Fall 2013 - he has grown since and his trailers are longer).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store