So I just got a new tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Derek615

AC Members
Oct 14, 2014
It held snakes before, I checked the glass it's thick enough for water it's a 33 gallon long tank with crazy dimensions it's 48"x13x12 it's really an interesting tank I've never seen this particular size before. It was $0 so I'm not complaining and it came with a light so I'm not hating on this tank it's just for my sister so I can set her up a tank with tetras and danios and maybe a plecostomus or something. Has anyone else ever not seen this size?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
They are very cool tanks, very expensive when new and not all that cheap used. I picked up 7 of them from a defunct local aquarium store and have them set up for shell dwellers, other Tanganyikan fish + some Rainbowfish.

Congrats on the great price!!!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Just be aware of one potential issue with reptile to fish tank conversions. The reptile use often has high amounts of uric acid that can get baked on due to the heat reptiles need. One molecule of Uric acid breaks down to four ammonia molecules. Uric acid is not that toxic, though it would cause ammonia test to read a false positive. The tank will leach ammonia for some time.

I wouldn't put anything to delicate in the tank and keep it under stocked for the first while. As long as you get your filter bacteria established it shouldn't be to much of a problem as long as you are aware of the possible false positive ammonia test result you could get due to the uric acid.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store