Good centerpiece fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishguy122

AC Members
Nov 30, 2014
Hi everyone;

ive been thinking about a good centerpiece fsh for my 15 g. The current stock is 4 guppies and one honey goyrami, but i might take the gourami back because it has a weird dyed look to it and i dont like 'un natural' things like that. Im just weird lol.

My final stocking will be:
5 guppies
6 habrisus cories (i can change these to shrimp if needed if my you guts think my tank will overstocked depending on which centerpiece fish i get)
and a centerpiece fish/es

Now i made i thread yesterday regarding a pearl gourami, and some people gave me so great suggestions for fish to have in my tank. They were sparkling gouramid, lace gouramis, rams, killis...

i thught id compile a list of these and you guys can decide which is best for my tank. Feel free to post any other combinations that would work :). Here are my combos (add guppies and the cories to them to get the whole stocking plan):

1. Honey gourami but a different morph.
2. 2 honey gouramis. Someone please tell me if this is possibl because people say HGs arent aggressive. Im not too sure lol.
3. Dwarf gourami. Very nice fish, but possibly could het an evil one. Knowing my luck i will lol.
4. 3 sparkling gouramis. Looks nice and peaceful.
5. A ram or small cichlid. Any suggestions? Bear in mind my tank might not be considered mature because irs been running for 2 months but about a month with fish in it.
6. Some killis. Again sggestions on numbers and type woyld be greatly appreciated.

thanks for looking and helping :)

edit: forgot to add maybe a pygmy puffer? Would it be Too aggressive for the tank?

Last edited:

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
German Blue Ram. In terms of sheer natural beauty and variation of color, these were the best I've ever kept. If you could get a breeding pair it would be even better. This is a pair I had a few years ago.

P1010142.JPGP1010164.JPGP1010176.JPGGBR 1.JPGGBR 2.JPGGBR 3.JPG

GBR 1.JPG GBR 2.JPG GBR 3.JPG P1010142.JPG P1010164.JPG P1010176.JPG

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
They have a reputation as sensitive fish. Mine were fairly hardy. This pair lived for a few years in my setup. You might give it a few months more while you make up your mind, but if your tank is healthy and your parameters are steady, I don't see how it would be a problem.

fishguy122

AC Members
Nov 30, 2014
Ok, if my water params are fine like they have been for the past few weeks ill get ine. I dont want to get 2 just in case...

here is a sticking lust i came up with:
4 guppies
2 GBRs
5 cories
puts me at 79% stocking

OR

6 guppies
2 GBRs
some shrimp

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com