any objections to a betta going in a car?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
im going to keep one in my cup holder of my car. sounds good? just kidding

i was actualy wondering if a betta would be ok in a tank with:

7 pristella tetras
1 small angel
2 female odessa barbs
3 glass fish
2 blue eye killie
1 small honey grourami
8 ghost shrimp

thanks!

Chrisp71MO

AC Members
Feb 13, 2004
Bevier, MO
Visit site
You may possibly have problems with the angel. I know from past experience that a beta doesnt like any other fish that has long finnage and angels can be somewhat agressive so they may nip at each other. I have never house them with angels but have had them with gouramis and tetras and never had a problem with them interacting.

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
Regardless of tank size (unless you have a massively huge tank for those fish), I wouldn't keep a betta in with those fish. I would be converned that the barbs might bug the betta too much... and the gourami can cause trouble too. Bettas and gouramis come from the same family, and in some cases, I have heard of bettas and gouramis getting into nasty fights.

HTH
-Richer

schiejr

AC Members
Mar 18, 2004
Madison, WI
Visit site
Hans, you may have unknowingly started the next marketing craze for uninformed wannabe fishkeepers-The AutoAquasphere- heater and pump plug into cigarette lighter, feed twice a day, once in morning on way to work and on way home-kind of like those mini-tank ads showing angels, tangs and triggers in 5 gallons.

Last edited:

Mulla

AC Members
May 16, 2003
Australia
Visit site
I believe bettas + gouramis are workable provided you have a large enough tank and would probably depend somewhat on individual fishes too.

I've kept my betta with 3 lace and 2 3spot gouramis and they all live peacefully in the tank. The Betta will on occassion get protective of this little corner and chase the gouramis away but never chases for more than 5cm. Other times he doesn't mind if the gouramis come visit him in his corner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store