Blind Yellow Tang ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

glower0617

AC Members
Apr 20, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Visit site
I have a Yellow Tang that is not eating and is startled everytime that he bumbs into anything. He looks in better health than when I bought him 2 months ago. He was eating regularly 3 days ago. Just today he seems to have gone blind. He swims right into my hand as if he does not see it in front of him. Any suggestions or ideas to what might have happend?

PS. All of my other fish are doing great. My Clown is growing like mad. All my chemicals look fine and I did a 10 gal water change yesterday to see if that would help.

glower0617

AC Members
Apr 20, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Visit site
I feed all of the fish frozen foods. Mysis shrim and seaweed are the two that I have been feeding them.

He is starting to look malnutritioned and I dont expect him to make another day or two. He is definatly not able to see where he is going let alone the food to eat. This is rather dissapointing because his color looks so great compared to when I bought him.

Unfortuatly I am preparing for the worst and going to the shop tomorrow and buying another yellow tang to put in my 10gal QT.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store