Going to start keeping Zoas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
I am going to get some zoa frags from my LFS for my Biocube 14 and have a few questions. I currently have about 1/3rd of a bucket of Instant Ocean mix. Is there a general supplement I can get for the zoas? Or do I have to buy a couple bottles of supplement to account for what they would get from a Instant Ocean Reef Mix? I'm not diving into anything hardcore for reef keeping, I just want to get a couple easy to care for zoas to get started and see if I can keep them alive. And I want to run my Instant Ocean mix out, which will probably take another 6 months to do.

Thanks for the help.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You don't need to add anything for zoas. The IO is all you need. Zoas don't like a ton of flow and most don't like to be blasted with light. Stay away from the "micro" or "deep water" zoos to start with. Palys are another option. Lots of nice ones out there and most are very hardy as well.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Hey look, I'm still a Mod, lol :).

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
OK thanks, I will ask the guy at the LFS for an appropriate zoa or palys. He seems pretty versed on them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store