Can I Fit More Fish In My Tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zagfuchs

AC Members
Jan 1, 2015
Hello everyone, I have an established 75 gallon tank with a handful of South American cichlids and I would like your input on whether or not I could put more fish in my tank. I would like to put 1 or 2 Siamese Algae Eaters, but I am open to any ideas for new tankmates. See below for my current list of inhabitants and let me know your thoughts.

2 Blood Parrots (5.5 + 6")
Red Spotted Turquoise Severum (5.5")
Banded Leporinus (6")
2 Different Synodontis Catfish (4.5 + 6")
Albino Bristlenose Pleco (4.5")
Clown Pleco (3")
Khulie Loach (3.5")
Tiger Barb (2")

zagfuchs

AC Members
Jan 1, 2015
Thanks petluvr, the only thing about your idea is, I used to have 5 Tiger Barbs, but the bigger Blood Parrot ended up killing the others. I like the Khulie Loach, but I am hesitant to invest in more fish that I don't get to see.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
IMO---You are already at max, and maybe just a little over. I would, if you can, remove the loach and tiger barb=Both of htese are schoolers, and without more of their own kind, they do not do well.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yeah, you've got 8 fairly large fish in there now. How high do your nitrates climb over a week?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
not to be that "guy", but the question is not "can i "fit" more fish in a tank" the real question is how many fish will be comfortable in my tank.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
not to be that "guy", but the question is not "can i "fit" more fish in a tank" the real question is how many fish will be comfortable in my tank.
IMO---about 5 of these 6.

2 Blood Parrots (5.5 + 6")
Red Spotted Turquoise Severum (5.5")
Banded Leporinus (6")
2 Different Synodontis Catfish (4.5 + 6")

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
could you get pics of them mystery cat fishes?i be they are feather fins or eupereutus

zagfuchs

AC Members
Jan 1, 2015
Understandable I would say you have room for the SAE's.
Thanks petluvr, this was the main point I was trying to figure out.

IMO---You are already at max, and maybe just a little over. I would, if you can, remove the loach and tiger barb=Both of htese are schoolers, and without more of their own kind, they do not do well.
Thanks for the input tanker, I would remove the loach and barb if I had somewhere else to put them, but I do not. They were both intended to be a part of a group, but the blood parrots had different plans for the tank.

Thanks evil wizard, I figured when I said "Can I fit more" that it was assumed that I meant "Can I comfortably fit more". I wouldn't come to a place like this and expect you guys to tell me how to uncomfortably fit more fish in my tank, lol, I think I could manage that on my own.

could you get pics of them mystery cat fishes?i be they are feather fins or eupereutus
I took some pictures, you will have to excuse the quality, but it should be good enough for you to tell what kind they are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store