upgrading 5g to 10g.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have a 5 gallon tank in which all my plants are now starting to out grow it a bit so I decided on upgrading it to a 10 gallon. My manager at work wants the 5 gallon for his betta. I'm transferring everything over from the 5 to the 10, plants, sand and driftwood. The tank comes with a Quietflow 10, I can take the old filter from my quietflow 20 and put it into the new filter.

The fish that's going over are my betta and 4 pygmy cories. What else can I put into the tank with the betta and cories? I was thinking of either ember tetras, harlequin rasboras, or neon tetras.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i have heard stories of bettas eating neon tetras i am not sure if they are true but i would take that into account when your picking the fish.
also is the betta that is going to be moved,is it the one in your avatar?

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I had bettas with my neons in my 20 Gallon and never had an issue with them. Plus the neons are an long, to big to be eaten. IT depends on the temperament of the betta itself. The one in the avatar I lost.... (I have two 5 gallons, one is mine with a HM Plakat Male and the other one is my grandma's tank) The one I have in my tank is with Pygmy Cories and he never harmed them at all. Pygmies are smaller then Neons.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
I know that they wont eat neons a lot of the time. I did it with my troppy(betta) and a school of 6 neons in a 10 gallon once. Also yes,it depends on the temper of the betta GREATLY. aww that pretty betta died.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i once took a betta over the summer from my science class and that little guy was so mean.kept on flaring everything.and he was appropriately named jaws.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
well glo fish are just genetically modified zebra danios.I THINK that danios of any type should not be in anything lesser then a 20 gallon long.im not sure but since they are danios i think their might be a possibility of your betta being nipped.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
well glo fish are just genetically modified zebra danios.I THINK that danios of any type should not be in anything lesser then a 20 gallon long.im not sure but since they are danios i think their might be a possibility of your betta being nipped.
There's a huge difference between glofish and glow light tetras ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store