Newby aquariam caretaker with breeding angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jenaa

Registered Member
Jan 8, 2015
Hello All,
I have breeding angels in my tank and the mother is eating the eggs, so I kept the eggs in a plastic bag floating in the tank until they hatch. I am regularly adding fresh water to it from the tank. I plan on getting another tank for them when they hatch. I have treated the water with methalyne blue 2 days ago, and then this morning I saw that the mother has a pretty bad case of ich. I did not put methalyne blue in it yesterday, and today I put rid ich in it. Is this a bad concoction? I don't want to add the water to the eggs now. Not sure what to do, I don't have another tank yet (not until tomorrow). Maybe dilute some methalyne blue in separate water and add that to the bag with eggs? They should be hatching tomorrow. I don't want fungus or ich to get to them until I get the tank. And, I don't want to make my other fish sick by mixing the methalyne blue and rid ich. Any suggestions?
Thanks! Jenaa

Jenaa

Registered Member
Jan 8, 2015
Update: 4 living fry in their own tank!

Hello all,
Just FYI, I moved the fry/eggs as soon as they started hatching into another small tank, with a sponge filter, heater to 81 degrees, water conditioned and treated with methelyne blue, beneficial bacteria added, and a sword plant. At first, the heater I had only kept them at 75 degrees and most of them died. So I bought a better one, and I have 4 active, healthy wigglers left. They still have sticky on their heads so they are kinda sticking to whatever is close to them. I redirect them to the plant with a turkey baster when they fall off, and have started putting frozen baby brine in the tank with a syringe, around the fry. All seems well for the four, so wish me luck--this is my first try at raising angelfish fry!
Jenaa
:dance2:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What size are these tanks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com