Finicky Lemons

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RioXingu

AC Members
Mar 30, 2004
Janesville, WI
www.ticon.net
Three days ago I purchased six lemon tetras and put them in my 10 gallon aquarium, with the intention of raising them to size and moving them to my 55 gallon aquarium.
After waiting a day, I fed them TetraMin flakes, which they ate with great gusto. I concluded that they weren't fed much at the LFS. They fish were settling in nicely, since eating flake food seemed to be a good sign.
The next day, the lemon tetras ignored the flakes that were so relished previously.
Strange, I thought, but I waited until today to try again.
Today, the fish picked at a flake, but spit it out.
Then I tried small pieces of freeze-dried bloodworms, and the ravenous appetites I saw on day one returned. They eagerly consumed the bloodworms.
Any suggestions about foods to add to the menu for these fish? I will still try flakes, but I don't think freeze-dried bloodworms as a staple diet is a good idea.

Bill in WI

Hound

AC Members
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
Have you tried any other flake foods? It may be they just don't like the flakes you are trying to give them for some reason. Also you can try some of the smaller granule foods available.

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
Maybe you could try the tropical flake food made by Sera. My fish eat both them and the Tetra Min ones. Like both equally, but still love frozen bloodworms the most out of anything they have eaten.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store