Would something like this be safe?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Probably wouldn't work underwater since the magnets would not be strong enough to counteract the buoyancy of the foam. In terrarium use the light weight is beneficial because that means the magnets are more secure but that doesn't help underwater since a heavier neutral buoyancy would be needed for aquarium use.

I suppose with modification it might be possible to use underwater. The modification would be the addition of weights. That might be more trouble than it is worth though.

EchoMN

AC Members
Jan 6, 2015
Probably wouldn't work underwater since the magnets would not be strong enough to counteract the buoyancy of the foam. In terrarium use the light weight is beneficial because that means the magnets are more secure but that doesn't help underwater since a heavier neutral buoyancy would be needed for aquarium use.

I suppose with modification it might be possible to use underwater. The modification would be the addition of weights. That might be more trouble than it is worth though.
I wonder if using a different sort of cave made for aquarium use would work if magnets were attached?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Steven 1

AC Members
Feb 27, 2014
MA
Just something out of left field, but you can make caves by siliconing or crazy gluing rocks together...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store