looking for a non clear non-crs/bcs shrimp clean crew

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jay_S

I can do it ... hold my beer.
Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
Ok guys and gals... time for another round of stock my tank!!!!!!!!!

"The game show where some totally random person asks other totall random people to stock thier tank."
Prizes include but may be limited to vicarious thrills!!!!!! :perv:
:lol:

I am looking for a shrimp that comes in color varieties other than clear and ARE NOT;
Ghost shrimp
Amano
Crystal Red/ Crystal Black
Crayfish or Prawn of any kind.

The attributes that I AM looking for are;

1. Plant friendly
  2. Fresh water breedable
  3. Willing to work as clean up.
  4. Red, Black, Green, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Purple "There are so many color in the rain bow... so many colors in the seting sun ... so lets use every one."
  5. Available from a sustainable source.

So that's it... Looking for a look good unique clean up sustainable crew. My water paramiters are very wide with my current stock.

P.S. You'll recieve bonus points in the LIGHTNING ROUND :nilly: if you can name the artist and song I quoted in post. :dance:

Jay_S

Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
So I am assuming that since the rilli shrimp are in the same family as "ghost" shrimp that they would have the same appities? just on a smaller scale as they are a smaller shrimp?

msquared

AC Members
Jan 31, 2008
St. Charles, Missouri
Rili shrimp are very much like RCS - just a different color pattern. In all other respects, I believe they are identical. So if you want shrimp the size and characteristics of RCS but just a different color pattern, those would be a good option.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
Rili shrimp are cherry shrimp- in a sense. They are the same species. Have you thought about bamboo shrimp?

Jay_S

Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
Rili shrimp are cherry shrimp- in a sense. They are the same species. Have you thought about bamboo shrimp?
yeah i have but don't i need a longer set up tank for them. also i read online they change colors ... very cool. and a lfs has some for sale in town regularly.

and no i am not looking for non-crs but crs like shrimp. I am looking for shrimp like ghost shrimp but not clear. I love keeping ghost shrimps in my tank as they are cleaning machines active and cool but after ten years or so i am looking to change and i want some with colors since the ghosts are hard too spot in my tank from across the room.

but i am looking for active scavanging shrimp with colors that are not crystal shrimps.

Jay_S

Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
ive been looking around at shrimp and seems like you have

neo cardina
cardina
cardinal
the ones some ghost shrimps belong to

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
yeah i have but don't i need a longer set up tank for them. also i read online they change colors ... very cool. and a lfs has some for sale in town regularly.

and no i am not looking for non-crs but crs like shrimp. I am looking for shrimp like ghost shrimp but not clear. I love keeping ghost shrimps in my tank as they are cleaning machines active and cool but after ten years or so i am looking to change and i want some with colors since the ghosts are hard too spot in my tank from across the room.

but i am looking for active scavanging shrimp with colors that are not crystal shrimps.
They should be in at least a 10g. Other shrimp would be ones mentioned above. There are a lot more here:http://www.planetinverts.com/

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
yeah sorry i meant more mature tank where they have ample snaks
Oh, I see. Yeah, they are filter feeders, which basically means that you have to crush up some flakes that they will catch in the current.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store