What is this on my cory?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry

I tried to search but every time I mention white spot I get something about ick. None of my other fish has this on them.
My water has been ok with testing, ammonia 0, nitrite 0 nitrite about 2
He's not as active as he usually is and I think he's not eating how he was
thanks!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
It's hard to tell Sherry. Any chance at it being an injury from getting bit, pinched, etc?

What are your readings in PPM for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? What's your water change schedule and amount?

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
Don't think he got bit, I don't have any aggressive fish, other cory, tetras...very mild tempered. The water is ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and the nitrate is about 2-3...on the test card it shows colors from 0-5...it's on the upper end more toward 0. See where that little bump he has is on a white patch..that patch is on his other side also a little bit. Could it be some sort of fungus?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Being a scaleless fish. I'm not sure what it could be. Not to sound like a broken record, but I'd ditch the test strips for an API Master Test Kit. I'm assuming you do weekly water changes?

Jay_S

I can do it ... hold my beer.
Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
I had similar with some mollies I was keeping in the past. I used an anti-fungal over the counter and it cleared up. I can't tell you the name of it either the fungus or the anti-fungal other than to say that the generic "anti-fungal" worked on it. Sorry it was about 10 years ago when I was still fresher to the fish care arena.

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
I say strips but it is a master kit..has the clear vials with the drops for each of the things being tested, match them against a color card with the strips of color...didn't know what else to call it :) Oh, forgot to mention water changes...at least 40%-50% weekly. I'll try and anti-fungal solution. Hope it works
Thanks for the info!!!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Sounds like a plan. Just make sure what ever you buy is safe for scaleless fish like corydoras.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store