I got yelled at in lfs today

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jay_S

I can do it ... hold my beer.
Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
Ok so I am doing alot of research on my own personal version of "The ultimate set up" or as is shalt be thus known "Jay's El Dorado". And in furtherance of this I was at the lfs talking to the manager about killi fish breeds he can get his hands on and guppies and mollies (I want fancy tail muppies :screwy:) and shrimp in specific color forms and patterns (i.e. lyre tail black and platinum mollies) and this customer approaches me and says

"That's horrible that you are so focused on colors and patterns and are talking about making those poor fish have incest...."

Basically I am the devil because I am talking about incest and feeding fish to fish and how picking an animal for just it's color is a heinous sin that is the cause of all evil and ruin of our domesticated animal friends. And oh glofish are inhumain and morally wrong products of moraly bankrupt corporations.

Sooooooo I looked at him and said .....

"That's nice mr. mini doberman pinsher guy." :jaw-dropping:

I mean come on we all pick fish because we like the look of them (including color and fin shape). We pick all of our animals for cosmetic and useful traits. We took hair off of cats turned wolfs into shaky nervous chihuahas aurox into cows. There are entire breeds of dogs in the usa that have been breed from 8 individuals.

And since when is raising an animal in an enviroment tailored to its ideal natural needs wrong? Since when is freeing an animal from starvation infection parasites and as much stress as possible wrong? I mean making a mollie and guppy breed isn't wild natural but no one is slipping the mollie a ruffie or geting it hooked on drugs or holding a gun to it's head to make it happen. It's just allowing a natural behaviour to happen outside what was provided in natural habitat.
On the topic of killi fish sheesh.... I come from a desert in california (the one with the sand dunes that jabba the hut tried to kill luke in) it is right where the sonoran desert and the mojave desert meet. Desert less than 4" of rain a year! same desert that death valley (the hotest place in usa) is. And I have seen little killi fish that live in puddles on boulders (in the chocolate mountains). Imagine 125 degree weather 3" deep less than 30 gallons and this fish species continues to live.

but I am evil for Thinking about providing a fish it's ideal home and breeding traits that I want.

And the person telling me this is draging a short haired bug eyed dog (rat) to a store to buy "grain free" food with a picture of a wolf on it (domesticated dogs actually need grain or the get digestive issues. dogs aren't wolfs). And his dog had no jacket no booties in new york in the winter. Now that is in humane. How would you like to walk around in the winter with no shoes and only denim pants and light teeshirt with your junk hanging out the zipper? sheesh :shakehead:

sorry for rant.

Jay_S

Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
LOL you have humphrey bogart fish? if those blue jack dempsy fish could talk that is the voice i'd picture them having.

and gobies too "nya see"

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
hmm,he would not like to hear what I would have said.:devil::devil::devil:

Jay_S

Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
haha yeah but they fall into the same categories as rubber. sucks to wear them but still gotta for saftey.

where i am from dogs need shoes in summer period or they get blisters on feet. so i figured it was the same for snow.

and yeah my dog hated them until they equaled extra walks then he tolerated them then liked them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store