What else can I stock this tank with?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BsLuFs

Hobbyist
Sep 10, 2014
College in New Hampshire, Home in Maine
Real Name
Luke
I've got a 10 gallon planted tank (java moss and java fern and 2 2" marimo balls) with driftwood and light grey/white pebble substrate. The filter is an aqueon 100GPH power filter. Currently I have a dwarf neon blue gourami in the tank and I'm adding 20-30 cherry shrimp. I know some people say that the gourami might cause some trouble with them, but I think he's pretty docile and I've provided enough hiding spaces for them.

So my question is what, if anything, could I fit in with these guys? Some of the things I considered but wasn't sure they'd be compatible are kuhli loaches and ADFs. Please let me know if either of those would work, or what else I could put in instead!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
a school of neon tetras if you keep up with your water changes.but if you do go with neons dont be surprised if a few of them die.

Jay_S

I can do it ... hold my beer.
Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
you could check into killi fish they are VERY colorful and small water volume compatable. i dunno if they are compatable with your fish but if not just save the eggs then after gourami dies (natural causes) just add water to eggs and boom full tank again.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
Imo, this tank is already stocked. Just having the DG in there will be fine. Anything else is overstocking. He's probably going to eat your shrimp.

BsLuFs

Hobbyist
Sep 10, 2014
Real Name
Luke
Imo, this tank is already stocked. Just having the DG in there will be fine. Anything else is overstocking. He's probably going to eat your shrimp.

All right, I'd heard both of these things before but I'm still a relatively new fishkeeper and as such want to stock my tank with as many pretty things as possible. I'll leave it at the gourami and shrimp and if he eats 'em, then lesson learned. Thanks everyone!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
when i first got a "real"fish tank*that was not a gallon for bettas* it was a 5 gallon. the fish i put in there were 1 dwarf gourami,2 serpae tetras,1 pristella tetra,and 2 black phantom tetras.i originally was going to get black skirt tetras but i forgot their name and took a guess what their name was because i didn't want to be bothered to go find the fish name and keep on looking at the pretty fishies.*ooh pretty fishies**hypnotized by the fishes*

BsLuFs

Hobbyist
Sep 10, 2014
Real Name
Luke
nope you can still put a few more fish comfy in there.i normally dont use this site but when i heard that the tank was fully stocked i knew that was wrong*not trying to be rude*so here is a link to a fishy calculator http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor....AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple
I was using that at first, but it seems to think I can keep my DG with 5 ADFs and 50 cherry shrimp, and I thought that was a bit much. Unless I'm entering the info wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store