jaguar, freddy, jack dempsey, gren terror. Which is most popular?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
I want to get back into larger cichlids. I would also like to breed. Keep in mind that any choice will be housed in adequate quarters. I would like to have an easy time selling off excess offspring, so which would be the best sellers out of my 4 choices?

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
Jags are definitely my favoritest Cichlids. I just wonder if there are enough people that would want "that" big of a fish. I keep going back and forth through this short list of fish and I just can't figure what "most" people would want to have. I love them all, though I've never had freddies or jack demseys. I think, at times, that maybe there would be a lot more 55 gallon aquariums out there, so maybe the demseys would be easier to re-home. Then, other times I think that if anyone would want a big Cichlid they would pass over the dempsey for something more impressive. Anyone have experience breeding and re-homing any of these?

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Whatever your final choice is, the source of your breeders can make a difference in how desirable the offspring are.
Getting wild or offspring of wild fish would have a positive effect on desirability. Those are generally termed f0 or wild, f1, f2 ect. Knowing the fish you have are pure is one aspect of this.

Just my 2cents.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
:iagree:

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I'm a big fan of Jags but what about a Loisellie? They're smaller, colorful, and not as aggressive. Plus, you don't see them in the hobby very often.

Here's a pic of my old female.

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
OOOH YEA. If I could find a good pair of loiselle, that would be the ticket! Gotta work on tanks and keep an eye on Aquabid. If anyone knows a good source for these and or jack dempseys please PM me or post it here.

Thanks!

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
Have you thought of midas, quetzal, pearl, or uaru cichlids?

Finster

AC Members
May 20, 2004
Missouri
Real Name
Joe
Have you thought of midas, quetzal, pearl, or uaru cichlids?
They're nice but not among my top favorites. Actually I may start off with salvinis if I can find some really nice ones. Looks like the site that Vicious recommended has some special specimens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store