watch out for bengal poison (for roaches)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jay_S

I can do it ... hold my beer.
Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
OK I live in the bronx so that is to say roach and bed bug central usa. I have kept fish tanks and kept them going just fine through preventative roach sprayes . what I normall do is "bag" the tank, ziplock the air compressor and ziplock the hob filter. I also do a 50% change before the spray, then a 50 % change after the spray. don't spray with in 6 foot of the tank. oh as i tend to keep cooler water fish i turn off heater too just to slow the fish down.

so ok as you can see it is over kill.

I give about a day for the poison to settle then i wipe down the area where i put down the air pump. with dish soap and water.

so I did this all above.

as soon as i turned on the air pump ... in the next morning all invertibrate life in tank was dead. the crawdad the ghost shrimp all 20 of them dead. so the point of this is

bengal poison is good for roach control bad for inverts. and i didn't even spray that much. oh and tank remains poisioned after 40 total gallons of wate change (it's a 20 galon tank) I recently lost a platy. :( be careful with this stuff.

Last edited:

Jay_S

Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
lol nothing just figured i would put out there how potent the stuff is. In case some one else searches for it like I did before i sprayed it.

I look up stuff before hand so that I don't have this afterwards. In short this stuff is leathal to inverts and appears to have a long half life. So don't use it in the side of the house with your invert tank. Most poisons like raid, black flag etc if you just cover tank and unplug and cover air pump you are safe with that was not the case here.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
this has nothing to do with the thing at hand we are talking about but in your sig it mentions a 5 trophic level aquarium set up,what is that?

Jay_S

Dec 22, 2014
queens
Real Name
Real Name
ah yeah. a trophic level would be one level in thre food chain.

ie: you feed your dog a sausage, that would be one level dog eating sausage.

You grow fruits and vegies that you inturn feed to rabit who in turn is slaughtered and eated by dog that would be three levels.

it's my goal to set up as many and as sustained levels as possible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store