To much flow?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
It IS a lot, but too much ? Can you use a smaller Koralia ? I use them in all my tanks, but not 240s. Good luck.

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
I have the filter splashing water when the water gets low and not enough water movement on one side of the tank so it's dirty on that side. I have a male betta and 3 neons and some shrimp.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Above you said you want to go "filter-less". Why you'd want to do that I'm not sure. A simple air powered sponge or box bubbler filter would be sufficient for a 10g IMO. An AC70 would be marginally insane on one. I dunno of any current loving fish that would thrive in a 10g footprint, but maybe there's some. I've personally never kept a betta, male or female that was bothered by some flow. In fact, they seemed to enjoy it.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Manual removal of the unwanted filth is the way to go my man. There's just not enough room in a 10 to mess with power heads, etc, to try to push debris to a filter suction IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store