What else can I stock in my tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wessel

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2015
I have a 20 gallon aquarium with 1 Oscar, 1 Gourami, 2 Tinfoil barbs, 1 Plecostomus, and some rosy red feeders. I wanted to add something else to my tank besides the fish species I have already got. Please let me know if there is any other fish species I could add in with them.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Sorry to say but your tank is going to be severely overstocked. Oscars and tinfoil barbs most definitely need more room, and depending on the species of gourami and pleco you have, they may need more room too. Do not add anything right now, and seriously consider either upgrading or finding new homes/returning most of your current stock.

How long has this tank been set up? Was it cycled?

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I have a 20 gallon aquarium with 1 Oscar, 1 Gourami, 2 Tinfoil barbs, 1 Plecostomus, and some rosy red feeders. I wanted to add something else to my tank besides the fish species I have already got. Please let me know if there is any other fish species I could add in with them.
:thud:

Mark

D4213

AC Members
May 13, 2013
Don't add anymore fish, work on upgrading to a bigger tank ASAP or finding new homes for your fish, the oscar, tinfoil barbs, and pleco are going to get a lot bigger and need a lot more space. You're already going to be VERY overstocked VERY soon.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
i hope this is a joke.:mad2::mad2::mad2:
No, it's not. I recognize this same post from another forum I'm on, and he erased everything in it. Again, you need to return most of your fish! Except the rosy red feeders....

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Your way overstocked!! I would say get a 45 gallon but thts only gonna hold ur oscar and ur Pleco for 2 to 3 years what ur doing to ur fish is abusive they won't last if there all cramped.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store