AqAdvisor Reliable?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MyBubbles

AC Members
Feb 2, 2015
I have two tanks right now a 20g and a 5.5g

My issue is with my 20g

Right now I have two creamsicle mollies, a guppy, and 9 ghost shrimp. I was using AqAdvisor to determine if I can add more fish, and is so what type, but pretty much anything I am adding it says I don't have good enough filter capacity. My issue with this is my tank looks basically empty, so I was wondering if AqAdvisor is a good website to judge off of or not.

My filter is an Aqueon Quiet Flow 20 (up to 30g), and here are my current stats with the fish I have in there:

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 115%.
Recommended water change schedule: 27% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 69%

The mollies are still within their return period, and they seem to be what's taking up all of my stocking level, so I am not sure if I should just take them back, and put smaller fish in? They are so pretty, but it really looks like they are the only two in the tank LOL :help:

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Unless I'm mistaken, that looks like it's saying you're a bit "over" filtered (more than 100%) and "under" stocked (less than 100%).

It's a good guideline, but I wouldn't take it as fact. I think you have a bit more room. Is this a 20 long or 20 high?

MyBubbles

AC Members
Feb 2, 2015
It's a 20 long. I bought it with my Christmas money it's a Clear 4 Life. I read it's a good brand? Eventually when I am living in a house I want to get a 40 or 50g.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
I agree with the other two, it's a good guideline, but not completely accurate. As for your stocking, I'd return the mollies to the store. They get 5-6 inches on average.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I agree with all the above use it only as a guide, not "The rule".

And JPap is right, you are reading it wrong, the readins say that you can add fish. You are currantly at 69% capacity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store