Looking To take A Step up From 40 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

laxdude

AC Members
Jan 29, 2015
VA
Hey everyone, I have recently been looking into getting a brand new tank to take the next step from a 40 gallon breeder. I'm looking for a breeder esc style of tank (less height, more width and depth) that isn't too expensive. I'm not yet sure what kind of fish I'm looking for, (confliction between Cichlids, Angels, and a few others) but I want to be able to house many of them. I can't seem to find any good size comparisons to tell just how big they really are, and there are only a small handful of dealers that sell the size of tank I'm looking for. Many of which are used salt aquariums anyway.

I would like this setup to have a sump setup, as it is what I am used to now.(help on that would be great too...) And I am not interested in any weird shapes. All I need is a tank that can help sustain a handful of bottom dwellers(lots of room for décor.), and still have room left for plants and open areas.

Enough rambling, but to sum it up I want a large tank, no smaller than 80g, that has room for lots of rocks as well as plants and more, isn't overpriced for its worth, details on how to set up a sump for said tank, and finally where to purchase it.(I might be willing to order)

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
CRAIGSLIST!!!! Old salt tanks can be used for freshwater if you plan on using a sump, or the tank is not drilled. Anyways, craigslist is fantastic for cheap tanks.

:welcome:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store