Black ghost knife?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Ok so I heard from a buddy that black ghost knife should only be kept in a tank with only 3-4 fish not a lot is this true cause I know they don't do good around each-other but Is it true tht they don't do well in a tank tht is very populated?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i dont think that would be true,but i have not had black ghost knife fish so i dont really know.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Knives get big and.........eat things. They are ambush predators and will eat anything they feel comfortable with trying to consume.

benzjamin13

AC Members
Jul 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
BGKs are pretty curious. They use electric discharge to "see" They have poor vision and will use their EDO locate prey. Their mouths are pretty small, but can eat small fish. I've had one from a large predatory tank to a community tank. I would provide lots of caves to give it places to rest/hide/explore. For the most part, they do fine with other fish as long as the other fish aren't too small or aggressive. And I've kept it with more than 4 fish from Datnoids and Bichirs to Serpae Tetras and Cories.

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Thank you this helped a lot,I bought him today and I absolutely love him, he cleans my arm and isn't afraid to come up to me and rub his body against me, so far he is my favorite fish even over my tire track lol

anubis63

AC Members
Apr 11, 2015
Sacramento, CA USA
Real Name
Robert Mortenson
Ok so I heard from a buddy that black ghost knife should only be kept in a tank with only 3-4 fish not a lot is this true cause I know they don't do good around each-other but Is it true tht they don't do well in a tank tht is very populated?

My ghost knife is 9 inches in a 90 gal. tank and eats black worms from my fingers at the top of the water making a loud slurping sound just like a vacuum cleaner which they resemble he is with 5 adult Discus 5 Clown Loaches, 2 Glow Tetras and 2 Corry Cats he gets along with them great as well as they with him. As soon as lights are out at night he comes out like a storm eating the high protein sinking pellets and beef heart I add just beforehand his name is Shadow, not very creative but appropriate. They are a great and interesting fish and definitely catch the eye of anyone who sees them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store