Petco workers fault?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Ok so the other day I went in Petco and bought a Senegal Birchir (polypterus) a bala shark and a rainbow shark, so after waiting 20 minutes for someone to help out a worker comes with a attitude and asks what I need, he was also in a rush so anyways I told him what I wanted and he then he started becoming smartlol he corrected me about telling him tht I wanted a polypterus and he got upset and corrected me saying it was a dinosaur Birchir? Which isn't the correct name, but anyways he put all three fish in a small bag and sent it off for me to buy, 3 fish being in one bag much of stressed the bala shark out a lot and within the next day he died so is this his fault and can I return the shark?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited by a moderator:

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I mean, without knowing everything else that happened in between the bagging and the death...I think it's impossible to put 100% of the blame on the worker. Definitely poor taste on their part, though.

Bad stock, improper acclimation, etc. could also play a part.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
yeah,yeah you can return the fish.unless the petco does not have a return policy(highly unlikely though)

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Ok thnx guys also from the second I put him in the tank after the QT for 30 minutes he was stressed out, didn't eat and would lay still which is unusual for a bala shark I also did a water change and a test to ensure tht it wasn't my water but nothing different the condition if my tank was perfect

deetles

AC Members
Feb 10, 2015
My Petco has a 30 day guarantee on live animals...you need to have the receipt and a water sample along with the dead fish....I got a few fish this weekend, 4 actually and yes they crammed all of them in one bag....I guess u could ask them to be split up

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Always ask for separate bagging at ANY store! They will take it back-but check your acclimation methods as bala sharks are fantastically hardy fish.

Balas are schoolers and reach 7" fairly quickly. That bichir will get fairly large as well. Just my $02.02.

joecool44

AC Members
Jan 26, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Will do this thanks everyone and yes I have the polypterus in a 45 right now he's tiny and about a inch long next month he will be in a 55 then I have a 500 gallon when he gets big enough for it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store